Software Giant Microsoft has said that they will now let the developers promote their apps to windows 10 users with “playable ads”. It is a feature which will allow it’s users without having to download the app or install it from the Windows store.
The preview of the product has been launched in Windows Development Center. Once the advertisers start to use it , the users will be able to stream an app of a game for a duration of three minutes as if the app is installed on the device.
Microsoft has said that this new CTA (call to action) is a “completely new way for end users to interact with ads and apps” . This is a whole new experience for the users as this gives them a lot of new options to choose the applications they like without hassle.
Microsoft gave the following statement for this update of app store.
- Users can experience the app live before installing it.
- Users will not leave the current app context after ad click since these are inline expandable ads.
- Users can abandon the app stream at any point of time based on the quality of the game. He/she is not blocked until the end of the game play.
- Developers can create an engaging experience during the first few minutes of a game to better explain its capabilities compared to screenshots.
- Users who install the game after three minutes of engagement are more inclined to use the game/app than those who just installed the app based on the product description page.
At the end of the video streaming the users can click on a link to install the app if the user likes the overall experience.